Michigan SORA Removal – What You Need To Know!
If you are wondering if you or someone you know can be removed from Michigan Sex Offender Registry, you may want to talk to a lawyer to assess the case. As a Michigan criminal defense lawyer focusing on criminal sexual conduct and abuse, Nicole Blank Becker can investigate and see whether or not you qualify for the removal. Having your case checked before the filing the petition to be removed from sex offender registration act registry is quite important because an individual may only submit a removal petition ONCE. Don’t risk losing the opportunity at getting your name removed at sex offender registration record!
Michigan SORA Removal
Who is eligible to petition for Michigan sex offender registry removal?
– Persons who were convicted of “Romeo and Juliet” sex crime. These are offenders who engaged in consensual sexual activity with a teenage victim less than four years younger than them. For more of Romeo and Juliet law, read the following article:
– Juvenile sex crime offenders under the age of 14 who were not tried as an adult and;
– Juveniles who belongs to the 14 to 16 year old age group, who were not tried as an adult and did not commit a TIER III offense. TIER III offense includes the following:
- Gross indecency between males, victim under 13
- Gross indecency between females, victim under 13
- Gross indecency between male and female, victim under 13
- Kidnapping committed against a minor
- Kidnapping victim under 14
- CSC 1st Degree
- CSC 2nd Degree
- CSC 3rd Degree
- CSC 4th Degree if victim is under 18
- Assault w/Attempt to commit penetration
- Assault w/Attempt to Commit touch
- OR attempts or conspiracies for any of the above
Hire A Defense Lawyer!
If you believe that you or someone you know who are sex offenders are eligible to petition a sex offender registry registration removal or even for reduction, immediately consult a criminal defense lawyer to decipher you case. If the lawyer sees your full eligibility, ask to begin the petition process on your behalf.
Remember, it’s really important to hire the right legal team for your petition for removal from sex offender registry. It’s best to consult a criminal defense lawyer with focus on criminal sexual conduct and abuse for a higher success rate. Nicole Blank Becker offers an initial free consultation. Call her at 248-505-5929 or use this contact form.