Fighting sex crime accusations in Washtenaw County, Michigan is not easy. Criminal sexual conduct in the Great Lake State can bring you a hefty fee to pay and many decades to spend behind bars if you are found guilty.
If you are in this situation, you need to employ the best Washtenaw County sex crimes lawyer money can buy. A professional in this field can help you fight the aggressive prosecution, and do whatever is legally possible to gain a positive outcome for your case.
Potential Sex Crime Charges in Washtenaw County, Michigan
- 1st Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct – The most severe type of sex crime for which you can be accused in Michigan. It more than often represents rape, an offense for which you risk a life sentence in prison.
- 2nd Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct — This offense includes the sexual battery, indecent sexual liberties, and unwanted sexual touching. The conviction may result in spending several years in prison for the defendant.
- 3rd Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct — This charge is for statutory rape. It includes sexual penetration of teens or adults with mental or physical disabilities. This felony can come with numerous years in prison for a defendant who is found guilty of it.
- 4th Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct — A broad range of serious sexual felonies that include touching of people regardless of their age or their mental state. Individuals who are found guilty of this misdemeanor may spend several years in prison.
- Assault with Intent to Commit Criminal Sexual Conduct — This charge is for the intention to commit rape or unwanted sexual touching expressed through an assault. Convicted sex criminals may stay a few years behind the bars if they engage in it.
- Failure to Register as a Sex Offender — A person who has been convicted for sex crimes has to register as a sex offender in Washtenaw County. Failure to do so may result in jail time and severe fines.
- Child Pornography — Producing, financing, distributing, or possessing material that is sexually abusive of children are serious felony crimes everywhere in Michigan. In Macomb County, these despicable actions can lead to huge fines and several years of prison for convicted criminals.
- Prostitution & Solicitation — Both committing prostitution and soliciting it represents sexual misdemeanors in Macomb County where they are punishable by law with jail time and considerable fines.
How can a Washtenaw Sex Crimes Lawyer Help?
When you receive a sex crime accusation, you do not have to fight it only in the court of law. Unfortunately, you must also confront the societal prejudice in your community. You will have to prove your innocence again and again against people who will believe you are guilty even when all the evidence will point to your innocence.
A Washtenaw sex crimes lawyer can help you win the case against the prosecution and reduce the impact that the allegations have on your reputation.
Excellent Washtenaw attorneys specialized in sex crimes and offenses will use their career-long experience in the field to obtain the best possible results and help you regain your normal life free of any potential convictions.