Free Consultation - Call 24/7


Free Consultation 24/7 (248) 515-6583

Sex Crimes Against Minors in Michigan

Here in Michigan, a sexual act with a minor has serious consequences. Even if there’s a consensual relationship, you could face Criminal Sexual Conduct (CSC) charges that could certainly change your life forever. If you or someone you know is charged with a sex crime against a minor in Michigan, you should immediately contact a reliable and well-experienced Michigan sex crime lawyer like Attorney Nicole Blank Becker. Attorney Becker is an aggressive and persistent Michigan sex crimes lawyer with years of experience. She will thoroughly and completely represent your rights regardless of your alleged crime or background. She will provide you with the individualized and personalized attention that you and your case deserve.


Sex Crime Against Minor


What is the age of consent in Michigan?

According to the Michigan law, the age of consent in the state is 16 years. If you’ve engaged in a sexual activity (including sexual penetration) with a person under 16 years old, you could face serious criminal charges. Again, even if the deed you’ve done is consensual, you can still be put in jail if you don’t defend your rights and freedom the right way. Contact a sex crime lawyer so you’ll know what you need to do next to avoid hard jail time.

What is the penalty for having sex with a minor or underage person in Michigan?

Basically, a sex crime or sex in general that involves a minor in Michigan will result in criminal sexual conduct (CSC) charges. The charges could fall into the 1st degree CSC, 2nd degree CSC, 3rd degree CSC or 4th degree CSC. For sex crime cases that involves penetration and if the victim is under 13 years of age, the penalty is life imprisonment. If the victim is between 13 and 16 years old, it will result into 15 years of hard jail time. All sex offenders are also required to be registered at the Michigan Sex Offender Registry list for around 25 years to life, depending on the degree of the CSC charge.

What to do if charged with a sex crime against a minor in Michigan?

If you know that you are charged with a sex crime against a minor in Michigan, contact a sex crime lawyer as soon as possible. Don’t wait for the police or detective to call you. Prepare yourself by hiring a lawyer to defend your rights. It doesn’t matter if you are innocent or not, you will need a reputable and dependable sex crime lawyer by your side during these trying times.