If you face sex crime charges in Oakland County, Michigan, you risk considerable fines, severe damage to your reputation and the probability to spend several years or your entire life in prison.
Your best choice to avoid these life-shattering scenarios is employing the defense of a professional Oakland County sex crimes lawyer. An expert in this field can fight for your case, help you save your tarnished reputation and even to avoid prison.
Potential Sex Crime Charges in Oakland County, Michigan
Under the MCL 750.10(a) Law, the State of Michigan defines a sexually delinquent person as: “any person whose sexual behavior is characterized by repetitive or compulsive acts which indicate a disregard of consequences or the recognized rights of others, or by the use of force upon another person in attempting sex relations of either a heterosexual or homosexual nature, or by the commission of sexual aggressions against children under the age of 16.”
Sex crimes charges in Oakland County include:
- 1st Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct – The worst type of sex crime, also known as rape, and which can lead to you spending the rest of your life in prison.
- 2nd Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct — A range of sex crimes that include sexual battery, indecent sexual liberties, and unwanted sexual touching, and which may send you numerous decades behind bars.
- 3rd Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct — This charge is for statutory rape or the sexual aggression of teens or adults with mental or physical disabilities. If you are found guilty of it, you may spend several years in prison.
- 4th Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct — Sexual misdemeanors that include unwanted touching of minors or adults, and which may lead to you being convicted for numerous years in prison.
- Assault with Intent to Commit Criminal Sexual Conduct
- Failure to Register as a Sex Offender
- Child Pornography
- Prostitution & Solicitation
Consequences for Sex Crimes Defendants
Individuals that face sex crimes charges in Oakland County have to deal with an aggressive attack from the prosecutors, who do their best to twist and tweak the defendant’s statements in favor of the victim.
Without the expert defense of an Oakland County sex crimes lawyer, you may risk potentially life-altering consequences like:
- Spending several years or your entire life in prison
- Hefty court fees and criminal fines
- Registration and possession of a permanent criminal record as a sex offender
- Limitations on where you can live or work
- Limitations on bank credits, house rental, and car leasing conditions
- Restrictions from applying for various licenses and professions
- Lose your existing license to practice law, medicine, teaching, nursing, pharmacy, etc.
- Lose full or partial custody of your children
- Lose your immigration visa or your green card
- Be denied citizenship or be deported to your native country if you’re a non-U.S. citizen
How can an Oakland Sex Crimes Lawyer Help?
An Oakland sex crimes lawyer is the best ally to have on your side when trying to prove your innocence in a sex crime case in the state of Michigan.
A great Oakland attorney specialized in sex crimes and offenses will use all his or her experience to obtain the best possible outcome for your charge while keeping your life and reputation as little tarnished as possible.
When it is your word against the accuser’s allegations, you need the best team of sex crimes lawyers that Oakland County has to offer. You will need those who aggressively fight to make sure that justice prevails and you obtain the best available results.