Are you facing sex crime charges in Ingham County, Michigan?
If your answer is yes, you should employ the services of a professional Ingham County sex crime lawyer to defend your case.
The State of Michigan has a strict policy against sex crime offenders. The prosecutors in this area will use all their experience and determination to ensure that victims of sex crimes receive justice. If you wish to stand a chance during the trial, you will need to have an expert legal team advocating for your innocence.
Ingham County sex crimes attorneys possess the necessary know-how to fight for your case and help you prove your guiltlessness.
Consequences for Sex Crimes Defendants
Sex crimes allegations are not taken lightly anywhere in the Michigan State where sex crimes allegations are taken lightly, and the Ingham County is not an exception.
Generally, in a sex crime trial, the defendant has to prove his innocence against the alleged victim’s statement and a team of well-prepared prosecutors. Without proper support and a reliable alibi, he may easily lose the trial along with his reputation.
The purported victim usually benefits from the community’s emotional backing. On the other hand, the defendant rarely enjoys the benefit of the doubt and has to fight aggressively to prove his innocence and clean his social credibility.
A sex crime in Ingham County, Michigan may come with one or more life-shattering consequences, such as:
- A jail or prison sentence
- Costly criminal fines or court fees
- Registration as a sex offender
- A permanent criminal record as a sex offender
- Restrictions on where you can live or work
- Restrictions on bank credits, house rental, and car leasing conditions
- Lose your existing license to practice law, medicine, teaching, nursing, pharmacy, etc.
- Lose full or partial custody of your children
- Lose your immigration visa or your green card
- Be denied citizenship or be deported to your native country if you’re a non-U.S. citizen
Potential Sex Crime Charges in Ingham County, Michigan
Sex crimes charges have different degrees in Michigan, and they generally come with different penalties if the judge and jury find the defendant guilty.
If you are trying to prove your innocence in a sex crime case, you will need a lawyer that is specialized in all the sex crimes charges in Ingham County, Michigan, and which include:
- Sexual battery
- Statutory rape
- Unwanted touching of minors or adults
- Assault with Intent to Commit Criminal Sexual Conduct
- Failure to Register as a Sex Offender
- Child Pornography
- Prostitution & Solicitation
How can an Ingham County Sex Crimes Lawyer Help?
Your best chance to clear your name in a sex offense trial is to employ the services of an Ingham County sex crimes lawyer.
Choose to work with professional legal defendants even before you receive an official accusation of sex offenses in Michigan. This way, you have a good chance of proving your innocence even before the potential trial begins.
A professional Ingham County attorney specialized in sex crimes will use all the legal means at disposal to help you avoid jail time and save your reputation.