Are you facing sex crime charges in Birmingham, Michigan? Do you want to prove your innocence in a case of sex offenses that you believe to be false allegations?
If so, you will require the support of a Birmingham sex crimes lawyer who can fight and win that uphill legal battle for proving your guiltlessness and restoring your reputation.
Potential Sex Crime Charges in Birmingham, Michigan
Under the MCL 750.10(a) Law, the State of Michigan defines a sexually delinquent person as: “any person whose sexual behavior is characterized by repetitive or compulsive acts which indicate a disregard of consequences or the recognized rights of others, or by the use of force upon another person in attempting sex relations of either a heterosexual or homosexual nature, or by the commission of sexual aggressions against children under the age of 16.”
Sex crimes charges in Birmingham include:
- 1st Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct – This sex offense usually refers to rape, which is the worst type of sex crime, and which can result in a life sentence in prison.
- 2nd Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct — A broad variety of sex offenses that include sexual battery, indecent sexual liberties, and unwanted sexual touching, and which may give you several years of prison time.
- 3rd Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct — This crime defines statutory rape, and it implies sexual aggression of teens or adults with mental or physical disabilities. If you are found guilty of it, you have a good chance of spending at least a decade behind bars.
- 4th Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct — Sexual misdemeanors that include unwanted touching of minors or adults, and which may see you spending numerous years in prison.
- Assault with Intent to Commit Criminal Sexual Conduct
- Failure to Register as a Sex Offender
- Child Pornography
- Prostitution & Solicitation
Consequences for Sex Crimes Defendants
Individuals that face sex crimes charges in Birmingham, MI have to face the renowned aggressively and hard work of the state’s prosecutors.
Without the expert defense of a Birmingham sex crimes lawyer, you may risk potentially life-altering consequences like:
- Spending several years or your entire life in prison
- Hefty court fees and criminal fines
- Registration and possession of a permanent criminal record as a sex offender
- Limitations on where you can live or work
- Limitations on bank credits, house rental, and car leasing conditions
- Lose full or partial custody of your children
- Lose your immigration visa or your green card
- Be denied citizenship or be deported to your native country if you’re a non-U.S. citizen
How can a Birmingham Sex Crimes Lawyer Help?
A Birmingham sex crimes lawyer is the best ally to have on your team when you wish to clean your name from sex offense allegations in Michigan.
In a sex crime case, it is your word against that of the alleged victim. You will require the expertise of a professional legal team to ensure that the prosecution will not twist your statements or dismiss your alibis.
When your life and reputation are on the line, you can count on a Birmingham sex crime lawyer to keep you on the good side of justice.