Receiving sex crime charges in Genesee County is a serious accusation with potentially life-altering consequences. If you inadvertently find yourself in this situation, you will require the professional support of an experienced Genesee County sex crimes lawyer.
The Impact of Sex Crimes Allegations
In the State of Michigan, sex crimes and offenses are frowned upon by the entire society. The judicial system leaves no room for complacency when it comes to prosecuting people who have been accused of these wrongdoings.
When someone faces sex crime allegations in Genesee County, they have to prove their innocence in front of a highly professional team of prosecutors. Additionally, they also have to redeem their image and reputation in their community, which is a deed that hardly succeeds.
For many members of American society, a sex crime accusation stains their respectability for the rest of their lives. Even when they are proven not guilty, the community in which they live still refuses to believe in their innocence. Friendships, family ties, and relationships usually end as a result.
Consequences for Sex Crimes Defendants
The problem with sex crime allegations is that, in the absence of obvious evidence, the offenses are difficult to prove. Most of the time, it is the purported victim’s testimony against the purported criminal’s word. At this point, a battle ensues between the prosecutors and the defendant’s lawyer to win the case in the name of justice.
If you lack the support of a professional Genesee County Sex Crimes Lawyer, you risk seeing the prosecutor twisting your testimony and rearranging it in the alleged victim’s favor.
A sex crime in the State of Michigan may come with one or more life-disturbing consequences, such as:
- A jail or prison sentence
- Costly criminal fines or court fees
- Registration as a sex offender
- A permanent criminal record as a sex offender
- Restrictions on where you can live or work
- Restrictions on bank credits, house rental, and car leasing conditions
- Become unable to obtain a license to practice your profession
- Lose full or partial custody of your children
- Lose your immigration visa or your green card
How can a Genesee County Sex Crimes Lawyer Help?
If you are under the suspicion of having committed a sex crime, you can depend on the expertise of a Genesee County sex crimes lawyer even before receiving an accusation in that regard.
Genesee County sex crimes attorneys specialize in dealing with a wide range of cases dealing with criminal sexual conduct charges in Michigan, such as:
- 1st Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct
- 2nd Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct
- 3rd Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct
- 4th Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct
- Assault with Intent to Commit Criminal Sexual Conduct
- Failure to Register as a Sex Offender
- Child Pornography
- Prostitution & Solicitation
A professional Genesee County sex crimes lawyer will ensure that you have good odds to dismiss sex offense accusations. With expert support, you can fight off the prosecution and redeem your reputation. You can prove your innocence and reduce the impact that such allegations can have on your life.